Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

TopMarketReports.comTopMarketReports.com

Tech News

LG buys Homey in a very Samsung SmartThings move

A selection of Homey smart home hubs and devices alongside the app interfaces used to control them.
LG is bringing Athom’s Homey products and the third-party device support they provide under its wing. | Image: LG / Homey

LG has acquired an 80 percent stake in Athom, a Dutch company best known for its Homey smart home platform. The deal, which LG says will see it acquire the remaining 20 percent of Athom within the next three years, has been forged to expand LG’s smart home ecosystem and should position it to better compete against Samsung’s rivaling SmartThings platform.

LG plans to integrate Athom’s existing Homey connectivity — which supports smart devices from Sonos, Ikea, Aqara, Philips Hue, and more — across its appliances through its ThinQ smart home platform. According to Homey, its users will soon be able to control ThinQ-enabled LG appliances via the platform. Homey has developed a significant user base since it was founded in 2014, with its f…

Continue reading…

You May Also Like

Politics

The GOP is blasting President Biden’s campaign over an ‘out-of-touch’ memo warning that former President Trump’s re-election could mean the end of one of...

Tech News

Illustration by Alex Castro / The Verge Paramount has removed Bob Bakish as CEO — and it doesn’t have plans to fill the role....

Tech News

Image: Samsung Microsoft announced a whole passel of Copilot Plus PCs at its Surface event on Monday, and Samsung’s entries are a 14-inch laptop...

Editor's Pick

It was a truncated day for the markets; over the past four trading sessions, the Indian equities continued to edge higher and ended on...